Monday 23 August 2021

Date with a chemist



I once went on a date with a chemist
I did not know what to talk about,
and so I carried a box of cinnamon with me,
to talk about cinnamon
lest we didn’t find a thing to talk about.

I did a good thing by carrying the cinnamon
he told me stories about cinnamon, and
how to find real cinnamon,
how it must taste,
and the aftertaste it leaves.

I gifted him the best cinnamon stick in the box,
it was 3 inches long
he honored me by accepting it
and I came back chewing on one of the rest.

I did not fall in love with the chemist
but I fell in love with cinnamon
and this, I know, is a bond to last
though I may never meet the chemist again 

******************************************************************
Chemical composition of the poem is as follows:
40% anecdotal
30% poetry
10% imagination
9% idle time
1% attention seeking behavior of yours truly :D

No comments:

Post a Comment