Sunday 16 May 2021

Walking away

 

I dressed my best
to my sweetheart’s nest;
with roses on hair,
I cleaned the candle’s burnt-wick -
so you see me shine ,
like a diamond, rare.
While l lay 
like moonshine in a chalice
brimming over with yearning to reach your lips,
you looked away,
like there was more to say
about women faraway,
who shone better.
Later once,
You asked me,
“I had a blinded sight,
give me one more night.
will you shine bright,
for another night ?”
“No,” I said,
"There doesn’t remain,
any moonshine for another night;
the chalice broke- the same night ;
the nectar trickled away,
like blood from the womb of unconsummated love.
The longing sometimes, my darling,
is what's more beautiful,
than the union.
Let there be
no more night
with candle light,
to tell me that,
I don’t shine bright"

No comments:

Post a Comment