Sunday 3 May 2020

The Little Buddha Series - 3



A story of betrayal !
-------------------------


Gautham comes crying, says, “Amma, is it true that Ettan came first ?”

Amma: “Yes darling”, “Ettan came first”


<< Crying intensifies >>

Gautham: “How long after did you decide to get me?”

Amma: “3 years”   ( months did not make sense to him ; so I truncated the actual number to years)

<< Crying continues >>

Gautham : “3 years?! , had I come with him I would have got more birthdays” ; “I would also have gone to school with him” ; “I will be saying ABCD with him” ; “Amma don’t you know that I am afraid of sleeping alone ?!”

<< Crying continues ; speech slurring ; nose running ; mouth drooling >>

Gautham: “Amma, Ettan says that you decided to bring me to play with him ?”

Amma: “ No, we all wanted you here, we asked God for you , and God granted the wish”

Gautham: “Ettan says that you got me because he prayed for me” , “And, he prayed for me because he wanted somebody to play with”

<< Still crying inconsolably >>

Gautham: “ I am done playing with him, Amma, he does not share the cars ”, Gautham falls face down on the sofa ,  “Let me go back to where I came from ! Swallow me back, Amma! ” , “Swallow me , now!”


<< Achan was called in to settle the matter >>


The brothers! - United by food ; divided by Hotwheels*




*Hotwheels : a brand of toy cars

No comments:

Post a Comment